All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need some help identifying some wires I found coiled up under my rear seats whilst cleaning the car today! (Its my first car and I bought it 2 months ago). Its a corsa B 1997.

There are 5 wires in total, one comes from the boot and is brown with a circular metal end, the other four are coming from the base of the passenger side central column.

There is:
One red wire with circular metal end
One thinner blue wire with circular metal end
Two grey wires with plastic plug ends with a central metal core, one has black writing with 'loaded' at the bottom and the other has red writing with 'ferrite' at the bottom.

I'm thinking they might be for additional speakers....?

I'm going to try to attach pics of them!

Thanks

Gwin

·
Registered
459 Posts
Those are for an amp mate, nothing to do with the car wiring. Although i'd check to make sure that the thick red one is disconnected from the battery :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yes definately make sure the red cable isnt connected to anything the other end - if it is then disconnect it.
Also, put a bit of tape or something over the connector on the end of the blue wire - its not a lot of current but it will be live when the headunit is turned on.
If the blue or red wire touch anything metal or touch the black wire, you're in for trouble

Reactions: pinkybutter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blimey! Ok ill make sure its all disconnected and taped up just in case, where might I find the other end of the cables?

Is it worth removing completely or are these cables expensive to get hold of?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Blimey! Ok ill make sure its all disconnected and taped up just in case, where might I find the other end of the cables?

Is it worth removing completely or are these cables expensive to get hold of?

Thanks for your help!
Common as muck to get hold of but looks like the previous owner has bought some half decent cable there so just leave it in place.

Red wire should be connected directly to the battery with a big fuse on the cable relatively close to the battery in the bonnet

Black wire will most likely be connected to a bolt holding the seatbelt socket in place - this cable will only be around 12-24 inches long and is just bolted to a chunk of metal close to the boot area

Blue wire (remote wire) and grey wires (RCA/Phono audio cables) will go to the back of the stereo.

Reactions: pinkybutter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts