All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time Corsa owner, decided to completely redo the sound system. So far I've got a head unit, sub and amp:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280400498580&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Now I need to get door speakers, tweeters and rear speakers. I've got a budget left of around £50, although that could go up if necessary, as I can just wait until I get paid again.

Anyone got any advice?

Also, what size speakers would I need to replace the rear ones? I'm assuming I need 6.5" plus tweeters for the door and 4" for the rear shelf? Never done car audio before, so the more info the better.

Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Front speakers 6.5" (you'll need adaptors though)
Rear speakers 5.25" (just use existing adaptors if they're there!)

£50 isn't a lot of money to be honest but you'll defo manage to get something second hand for that...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£50 isn't a lot of money to be honest but you'll defo manage to get something second hand for that...
I think I'll probably bump up that budget to £100ish, the £50 is just what I've got now. Any suggestions on which ones? I have no idea whats good. I've been recommended a couple by sales people, but I dont know how much to trust them, or if they're just trying to flog whatever they want to get rid of.

What level RMS speakers will the head unit be able to run without a seperate amp?

HU specs:
Built-In Amplifier RMS Power 4 x 18 Watts RMS
Built-In Amplifier Power 4 x 50 Watt

Cheers.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You didnt win that auction mate?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Oh, get a good deal?

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
I think I'll probably bump up that budget to £100ish, the £50 is just what I've got now. Any suggestions on which ones? I have no idea whats good. I've been recommended a couple by sales people, but I dont know how much to trust them, or if they're just trying to flog whatever they want to get rid of.

What level RMS speakers will the head unit be able to run without a seperate amp?

HU specs:
Built-In Amplifier RMS Power 4 x 18 Watts RMS
Built-In Amplifier Power 4 x 50 Watt

Cheers.
I wouldn't want to run speakers from the built in amp that exceed 18w rms each to be honest. Read this for more info http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/amplifier-and-speaker-13018.html

Also I always try and keep all the components by the same brand, but obviously your's aren't so just go for some speakers you really like I guess! Vibe, Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, JL, Audison, Hertz, Focal - any of those are good :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great, thanks a lot. I've been offered some Infinity REF6520scs by a friend whos selling his car. I just looked it up and they are 90W RMS, if I get an amp with:
2 x 70W RMS @ 4 Ohm
2 x 100W RMS @ 2 Ohm

Would this run it acceptably? I dont really know the difference between the 4 Ohm and 2 Ohm...

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts