All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, at the moment my speedo's not working.. weve tried another speedo..checked all the fuses cleaned all the contacts which leads us to think its the Sensor.. we have a sensor.. but cant for the life of us find it.. does anyone know where it is? :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I had a problem with my speedo when I first bought my Corsa. The miles weren't clocking up. The speedo was fine itself. Turned out to be a loose washer. Have you tried replacing your speedo cable? Not sure where the sensor is.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I had a problem with my speedo when I first bought my Corsa. The miles weren't clocking up. The speedo was fine itself. Turned out to be a loose washer. Have you tried replacing your speedo cable? Not sure where the sensor is.
lol, so yours has 150k on it, ad god knows how many by the owner before. your doing well :p

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
its entirely electronic as far as i know, couldnt see any cables.. what washer was that and where?
If you take the speedo out, has it got a cable going into the back? My dad took the clocks apart and had a look at why my miles weren't ticking over & there was a tiny washer in the mechanism that was out of place. Can't remember which one though. Take it out & have a good look. It may be something as small as that. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you take the speedo out, has it got a cable going into the back? My dad took the clocks apart and had a look at why my miles weren't ticking over & there was a tiny washer in the mechanism that was out of place. Can't remember which one though. Take it out & have a good look. It may be something as small as that. :thumbs_up:
Nope.. there electronic just a plug behind it for the speedo..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We finally found it, had to take the battery out.. found out its semi-electronic, it has a movement in the gearbox which is converted by a sensor into electronico signals.. or something but we think thats up the creek.. we know its that coz it only moves when we put it into gear :) wish me luck!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
We finally found it, had to take the battery out.. found out its semi-electronic, it has a movement in the gearbox which is converted by a sensor into electronico signals.. or something but we think thats up the creek.. we know its that coz it only moves when we put it into gear :) wish me luck!
Good Luck!:thumbs_up:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts