All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, at the moment my speedo's not working.. weve tried another speedo..checked all the fuses cleaned all the contacts which leads us to think its the Sensor.. we have a sensor.. but cant for the life of us find it.. does anyone know where it is? :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I had a problem with my speedo when I first bought my Corsa. The miles weren't clocking up. The speedo was fine itself. Turned out to be a loose washer. Have you tried replacing your speedo cable? Not sure where the sensor is.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
its entirely electronic as far as i know, couldnt see any cables.. what washer was that and where?
If you take the speedo out, has it got a cable going into the back? My dad took the clocks apart and had a look at why my miles weren't ticking over & there was a tiny washer in the mechanism that was out of place. Can't remember which one though. Take it out & have a good look. It may be something as small as that. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you take the speedo out, has it got a cable going into the back? My dad took the clocks apart and had a look at why my miles weren't ticking over & there was a tiny washer in the mechanism that was out of place. Can't remember which one though. Take it out & have a good look. It may be something as small as that. :thumbs_up:
Nope.. there electronic just a plug behind it for the speedo..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We finally found it, had to take the battery out.. found out its semi-electronic, it has a movement in the gearbox which is converted by a sensor into electronico signals.. or something but we think thats up the creek.. we know its that coz it only moves when we put it into gear :) wish me luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.