All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just got a spoiler for my corsa B, its the 3 door version.. does anyone know any sites showing how the spoiler is attatched in more detail? i think i just drill the holes where the mounting bracket lines up on the top of the tailgate section but i dont wanna mess up and have random holes in the back of my car :rolleyes: :)

thanks.

Aidan.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Hello Aidan, is it a genuine vauxhall spoiler or an aftermarket one? And do you have pics of it?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Aidan, is it a genuine vauxhall spoiler or an aftermarket one? And do you have pics of it?
hey, not quite sure on the difference between the two, it has the spoiler with some kind of mounting bracket on the inside of it and i dont have any pics of it yet sorry.

Aidan.

·
Registered
389 Posts
if its aftermarket its usually four holes and four nuts and washers (you have to drill your car). and is it made out of a solid fiberglass mould, mine is and its really welll made and a perfect fit ..

·
Registered
585 Posts
You have the OEM original part so good on you. I can confirm that but sadly have never fitted one to a car that didn't already have the bolts/holes in the hatch. I would imagine though, that you have to bond the mounting bracket to the hatch (since it originally had bolts to hold it on on the original hatch) and then drill the 4 (mine has 6) holes so you can fit the spoiler itself.

It'll take some patience, a drill, some masking tape and some Tigerseal I'm guessing.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Can't you just put one on without the bolts and by just the use of a strong adhesive?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
So when i get my REAL Gsi spoiler, can i just use tigerseal to put it on? Is iot a double sided tape or some ssort of spread on adhesive?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah you could, but you'd have to remove the little bolts on the main part of the spoiler......thing is, you'll need them as guides so don't.

You can't mess with Tigerseal mate...once set, you'll need an angle grinder to get it back off.....it makes NoNails look like a featherweight. It comes in a tube, like the sealant you use with the guns.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Would the best way to drill the holes be to put some sort of thing on the bolts like tip-ex that will put a mark on the car, that you an then drill?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Can't see any reason why not mate.....but you deffo need those holes. I wouldn't fancy trying to bond the spoiler on without them.

My OEM spoiler is Tigersealed on but it's with it's original hatch too (came off a T reg Corsa) and it will never come off again :thumbs_up: My SRi's original spoiler wasn't even on the car when I bought her, hence my reluctance to let this one get pinched.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hmmmm, so what are my options if i get one apart from drilling, i have no tools and it seems time consuming, i could do with just being able to stick one on with adhesive but a real one not a replica:)

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
When I fitted mine, I put some paint on the ends of the bolts and applied masking tape to the tailgate. The paint spots showed where the drill holes needed to go. I then used double-sided tape to secure it in place round the edges.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Hmmmm, so what are my options if i get one apart from drilling, i have no tools and it seems time consuming, i could do with just being able to stick one on with adhesive but a real one not a replica:)
Come over mine when you get another spoiler, and my dad will fit it for you. Will cost you £60 though lol :laugh:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Lol haha if he wouldnt mind it would be cool if you could!:D

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
you not fancy doing it yourself then jd? just take your time! i bet you've got lyds number ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
LOL at Dearing, naa i would mess it up good and proper so would rather someone help me!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts