All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Corsa b just under 100k with the 1.2 8v c12nz engine.
Problem started a couple weeks back when cold for rev below 1.5k it would loose power and act like it wants to stall, privously it drove OK and started first time even when freezing cold.

Roughly a week ago when starting from cold it would have to crank for a bit then would start. Problem persist with map disconnected. And also throttle position disconnected, is have to crank for a while for it to start. There was a code fore Idel speed so cleaned out icv and check to see if the icb motor works, and it did move. Changed the CTS. Cleaned throttle body with carb cleaner.

Car sat for a couple days. Now it would crank rev rises and falls a little up to ~200rpm, trys to kick in a few times. Makes the same of stalling noise. Tested sparks within line light. Only had one so tested each one by one, all flashed up ok. Battery voltage 11.5-12v. It started but much harder than before.

Took it for drive round the block. Fine when moving fast above 2k rpm, no problem. Drove for a bit then cut out in the middle of the t junction. Engine starter motor working with a fair bit of power, just didn't want to start. Tried to start for a bit, nothing and the battery started to flatten. Called up recovery and got the engine running, he jump started it but it was still v difficult.

Got home left on to recharge the battery until the fall kicked in. Turned off, started again much easier than before as engine was hot but still not easily.

And no, engine doesn't have a crank sensor, says so in hynes and also went down to check. :rolleyes:

No codes, only idel speed which wasn't relevant, and also the sensors I had disconnected.
Left battery disconected over night to clear all codes, so I can have fresh codes for weekend.

Any suggestion appreciated?

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

As the problem seems to happen when cold, the temperature sensor may have failed.
These are simple enough to change, and if you are quick, you can do it without loosing any/much coolant, but do it with the engine cold and the top in place on the expansion/header tank.

I would strongly recommend that you buy ONLY a genuine GM (Vauxhall) sensor, as some of the aftermarket ones are not too good.

Regards

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Nobody uses this site anymore.

The Corsa . Co . UK replaced it

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i use to use the site alot ages ago was very busy with lots happening constant new threads and updates,,but recentley i noticed the site has been rather quiet and not much happening anyone care to tell me what happened

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a Corsa b just under 100k with the 1.2 8v c12nz engine.
Problem started a couple weeks back when cold for rev below 1.5k it would loose power and act like it wants to stall, privously it drove OK and started first time even when freezing cold.

Roughly a week ago when starting from cold it would have to crank for a bit then would start. Problem persist with map disconnected. And also throttle position disconnected, is have to crank for a while for it to start. There was a code fore Idel speed so cleaned out icv and check to see if the icb motor works, and it did move. Changed the CTS. Cleaned throttle body with carb cleaner.

Car sat for a couple days. Now it would crank rev rises and falls a little up to ~200rpm, trys to kick in a few times. Makes the same of stalling noise. Tested sparks within line light. Only had one so tested each one by one, all flashed up ok. Battery voltage 11.5-12v. It started but much harder than before.

Took it for drive round the block. Fine when moving fast above 2k rpm, no problem. Drove for a bit then cut out in the middle of the t junction. Engine starter motor working with a fair bit of power, just didn't want to start. Tried to start for a bit, nothing and the battery started to flatten. Called up recovery and got the engine running, he jump started it but it was still v difficult.

Got home left on to recharge the battery until the fall kicked in. Turned off, started again much easier than before as engine was hot but still not easily.

And no, engine doesn't have a crank sensor, says so in hynes and also went down to check. :rolleyes:

No codes, only idel speed which wasn't relevant, and also the sensors I had disconnected.
Left battery disconected over night to clear all codes, so I can have fresh codes for weekend.

Any suggestion appreciated?
hey try this

connect all sensors
check ur plugs
if all black - check injector seal, if it leak replace it (it will leak while it spray )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.