All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum and have just brought a 1.0 corsa b but I've noticed the temperature gauge doesn't work while driving but when on idle it for say 30 seconds the needle moves off the stop and reads almost no temp. Is this normal? And my heaters don't seem to be blowing too hot it's like a Luke warm air, has any one had this before and what sorted the problem?

Thanks in advance.

(I have searched on the forum but couldn't find anything that matched my faults)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like your thermostats stuck open and needs replacing stopping the car from reaching proper temperature, fairly easy fix the housing is on the right side where the top water pipe goes on

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that bud I think my stat is on the left hand side as there's where the top hose goes to is that correct?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It should be on the right on the 1.0 from what I can remember, the egr valve is part of the unit, a cylindrical unit with a plug attached, a lot of places say u need the while unit but don't believe this as u can remove and change the thermostat alone, I think this will solve your problem though

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
1.0 engine has the thermostat on the left side of the engine (as you look into the engine bay - ie driver's side in the UK) - it's top left attached to the water pump. The 'stat comes complete with the housing so you buy the whole unit.

The egr is on the right hand side which on earlier models has the temp. gauge sender unit housed in it, later models dispense with the sender.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts