All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got round to fitting new alloys and tyres. Got them balanced and laser aligned but the steering wheel is about a quarter turn to the right :palm:. The only thing i can think causing this is a damaged or broken wishbone. Just asking what parts would i need to get this changed.... like would i need new bushes to go with the new wishbone etc??

Just to note i'll be fitting my new coilovers soon... if that makes any difference to this situation lol :shocked:

Cheers

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Is your tracking actually out or is it a steering wheel that isn't aligned properly?

A lot of places will do the tracking without checking where the steering wheel is first, so the wheels will be straight even if the steering wheel isnt - might be annoying but not really a problem.

Reactions: Tubz

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a point there mate.... cheers for the reply when i get a minute i'll check that out :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Just set the wheels pointing forwards and see if they both match, and then take a look at the steering wheel to see if it's straight

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got bigger problems now... topped up the car with antifreeze after draining it. Started ok but running really bad. Revs aren't sitting constantly and if i tap the throttle the revs drop very low and seems like its going to stall. Its also been burning a lot of oil and giving out a lot of black smoke :(. It's off the road again just giving me more of an excuse to start my conversion.

Cheers for your help though mate

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
black smoke wouldn't be burning oil. When oil is burnt it causes a whitish blue/grey smoke. Black smoke from exhaust means its running incredibly rich (overfuelling).

Are you losing oil then? If you are then try and find out where its going, it could still be being burnt, but not noticable as the smoke is black from burnt fuel. Is it in the coolant? Do you have an oil leak?

The revs problem seem to suggest idle control valve or MAF meter gone faulty, is there an engine management light on at all?

Might be worth sticking a support thread in the correct section to get a few more replies.

Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers mate and yeah engine management light is on changed the MAF a couple months back. I do think it's something to do with my ICV up tbh. And I topped up with oil couple weeks ago and now its bone dry.My dad taking a look at it today to see what's going on had to leave it off road back in surrey cos i had to go back to uni. Haven't even been able too enjoy my car properly since i bought it :(. Corsa's are a real love hate affair tbh.

Cheers for your help mate. I'll stick a thread in the support section a lil later.

Rich

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
your first issue is because wohever did the tracking didnt lock the steering wheel. the second one sounds like the engine has died or is dying....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts