All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My son has a problem, The car was working one day but not the next, we have changed the coil pack, the crank sensor, I have fuel at the fuel bar but no spark, we plugged in ECU reader, there were a few faults recorded ( exhaust fault, indicator fault, speedo fault & crank shaft sensor/position), the exhaust, indicator & speedo faults were all fixed, not sure how to check the crank shaft position. We reset all the faults, then checked again, there are no faults, but we still have no spark, can anyone help us or tell us what checks we can do next, we are thinking about getting a auto electrician with a ECU reader, but this is going to cost lots of £££££, So any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
As above - we at least need to know which engine/model/year it is.

In terms of getting the ECU read bear in mind that you can buy a hand held code reader for less than the price of a diagnostic, or if you've got a laptop buy Opcom.

If you put up your location someone nearby may have one and be willing to check for you.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
When you turn it over does your rev counter move? Could be crankshaft sensor
I think the OP says he's replaced the crankshaft sensor.

Fuel at the rail doesn't necessarily mean fuel reaching the cylinders, so it's worth double checking that - but given that there's no spark that's why we need to know the engine/model/year. It could be a camshaft sensor failure - depends on the engine what the most likely cause is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.