All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a niggling issue with my X12XE 1999 Corsa B which I hoped someone could give some advice about.

So basically on a cold start, the revs hunt between 1.5k up to 3k and pulses every couple of seconds. This is usually accompanied by the obligatory EML light (as if I didnt know that there was something wrong with it!) Usually, giving it some revs or leaving it to warm up for 5 minutes will clear the issue up, after which the car will run fine. Also I have noticed sometimes it will do something similar whilst warm and without warning, ie whilst sat at lights the revs will drop to around 800 rpm and the EML will come on again; usually this lasts about 3-4 minutes and again afterwards, the car will run fine. Whilst on the m'way I have noticed when I give it a bit it sometimes kind of stutters, almost as though it is engine braking. It is prone to being a little kangaroo-ey in slow moving traffic also.

So far, I have bought a new Bosch coil pack, cleaned the carburettor with carb cleaner (including underneath the butterfly) changed the spark plugs, changed the oil and filter (which didn't show any signs of emulsification in the sump.) I also have cleaned the breather pipes from the fuel rail and from the rocker cover (which was very gunked up due to only using it for 10-15 mile journeys at a time) The other day I bought an OPCOM diagnostics socket and proceeded to plug it in and read the codes. The first two it showed were P0100 (Not present) and MAF Sensor low voltage. I cleared these and ran diags again and had no faults. Took it out with the diag tool connected and got the P0100 code back when the EML light came back on. Looking at the live data, the voltage from the MAF shows slightly higher than normal parameters at around 1.8 volts but when the EML light comes on and the revs drop, the MAF and O2 sensors are showing 0 volts. The light goes off, the voltages return to normal.

Now before I go buying a new MAF and O2 sensor, could this be caused by a faulty ECU? Last time I looked at the ECU, there did seem to be some corrosion in the connections you see. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if anyone would like me to try anything then just let me know!

Cheers guys :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, I've gone and bought a nearly new Peugeot 106 and will be binning this piece of shit soon! Thanks for your help guys, some awesome advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts