All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a blip key for my car, and itll unlock the passanger and drivers door but it wont open the boot!

the only way i can open the boot is to put the key in the back and give it a REAL big wiggle and a hard pull and itll slowly unlach!

would it be worth buying a new locking system? if so how much and how easy would it be to fit myself?

thankyou for any help x

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Its easy to change, but check your one first

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
As Vegas said.

Easy to change those locks, even easier to fix them.

If you cant see what the problem is, post some pics up.

The fact that you have to force it everytime suggests to me that its the locking rod on the end of the servo that is busted. Maybe it has bent out of shape and its preventing the servo from retracting it. This can be caused by someone trying to force their way into your boot.

With C/Locking on the boot, most people keep the actual lock unlocked (horizontal).
People who have owned a cora know this is the unlock position and dont anticipate you having central locking so will try and force their way into the boot for tools ect.

If they do this, the lock will be pushed againgst the locking rod which will bend it and cause these problems.

Reactions: stephwakeman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers that was a great help, and i will be having a look prob tommorrow night and ill put up some pictures of what its doing!
but what youve said sounds about right, thankyou. will speak to you soon!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Tell you what, whilst oyu are there, note down the part number on the c/locking servo for the boot. There are 2 different versions and if it needs replacing it will save you a job having to take the boot trim off again

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Did this ever get sorted? I been waiting for an update :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts