All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I recently bought a Corsa C 1.0 51 plate with 67k on the clock it run like a dream when i took it for a test drive! However since getting it home ive found i cant use all my throttle as it seems to bog down when i use more than half? Also sometimes the revs can be very juddery and sluggish, and sometimes it cuts out on me altogether!

It been a bit of a pig to get started the last couple of days! I had a friend plug his diagnostic computer in and it spit out that we had a crankshaft sensor error and an O2 sensor error, I am going to a garage to get these sorted tonight hopefully.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

(P.S I had to call out greenflag the first time I broke down and he checked the coil and said its fine and that my oil looked perfect)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it to my mates local mechanic, he's fitting the sensors for me today both the O2 sensors and the crankshaft.

However he came across a bigger problem in that the oil pump is on its way out, everytime the car idles once its warm the oil light starts to flicker. Does anyone know where I can order a pump from as me and a friend (ex-mechanic) are going to fit it so we avoid the massive labour fees! :eek:

·
Banned
885 Posts
Don't blame the pump without first determining if the oil switch is faulty, or even that you have the wrong oil in it!!

Two ways to check the switch: (1) Replace it. (2) Remove it and fit a pressure gauge in its place. That is probably the better way, as then you get to know exactly what the oil pressure is.
If you wish to fit a permanent gauge, you will also need a 'T' piece to accept the switch as well as the connection to the gauge.

If you wish to buy a gauge, have a look at www.vehicleproducts.co.uk

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.