All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we have a corsa c 2003 I think it's z10xe engine code. The engine seems to misfire when idling and makes the whole car vibrate - does not run smooth! It drives ok. I connected it to the computer and got the following errors: 2 errors P0141 which is O2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensors 2; P0303 cylinder 3 misfire detected; P1300 ignition coil 1 primary circuit.

I reset the errors and just get 2 P0141 at the moment so need to sort out that first I think. There is that sensor is it the top of the engine one at the front?

Any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Remember that the O2 sensor is a feedback system, so anything that causes a misfire will cause the exhaust gases to be out of parameter. The O2 code just shows the symptom, it's probably not the cause.

Crankshaft sensors usually either show as a non-starter, or they will start and run fine until they get hot (say 10-15 minutes) and then cut out and refuse to start until it's cooled down.

Your problem could be any number of issues, bad plug, injector, dirty filters, sticking EGR valve (occasionally shows as a misfire on the nearest cylinder)....and the 3-pot engine is always rough on idle, it's the nature of them. That can lead to a cracked exhaust manifold which will also throw an O2 code. That in turn feeds back to the ECU which thinks the fuel mix is out so the ECU alters the fuel mix and you get a misfire.

So they are all things you may need to check.

If you can borrow a known good coilpack it's worth trying a swap to see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have tried another coil pack and changed spark plugs. Yesterday tried another egr valve, but still the same problem. It idles pretty bad that you can see the whole car moving/shacking. When accelerating it makes a weird roar noise like it has a loud induction kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts