All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power steering on a family members Corsa C 1.2 SXi is silly light, borderline dangerous, especially at speed.

I was wondering if it was normal for it to be very light? I have heard of some cars adjusting the power steering level depening on how fast the car is going, so stationary it would be on full to park easily, while at speed it was be on minimum. If this Corsa C has this, it seems to be broken and on full at all times.

I believe it's linked to the ABS speed sensor, but I don't think this car has ABS.

Someone help?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, well even if you don't have ABS you still have a sped sensor on the n/s front wheel, that works the speedo and the also gives information to the engine ECU, so if they work the sensor should be working, there is an ignition sensing unit and a power steering sensor on the steering column....can you do a code test on the power steering..prob best bet, or change the sensor on the steering column, there are U tube clips on it...from Fred in Essex.

The power steering on a family members Corsa C 1.2 SXi is silly light, borderline dangerous, especially at speed.

I was wondering if it was normal for it to be very light? I have heard of some cars adjusting the power steering level depening on how fast the car is going, so stationary it would be on full to park easily, while at speed it was be on minimum. If this Corsa C has this, it seems to be broken and on full at all times.

I believe it's linked to the ABS speed sensor, but I don't think this car has ABS.

Someone help?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.