All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My corsa is running into some problems. When I start the car, sometimes it will start, but stall after a second or so, I got used to it, also when the engine is cold, it struggles to go above 1.5k rpm, it will have no power or just shake the whole car. This problem occurs on a warm engine too but not as often. I plugged in the obd device and it stated the code p0170- Fuel Trim (bank 1).
Today, i was driving on a 50mph road, and one of the cylinders died, it had literally no power at all, after a while it came back again, 10 minutes later it did the same thing? Could anyone help me please :( Its a 2005 corsa c with a 1.2 engine.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi There, well it it says fuel trim malfunction, which is a bit meaningless, as it could be rich or could be lean, have you got anything to tell you if its lean or rich? that can read Live Data, like OpCom., is there lot of black smoke out exhaust?, does it smell of petrol, i would check the air filter, check round for air leaks...it might be the front Lambda sensor, you really need to do a few more tests....could try some injector additive in the fuel tank....i mean it could be crank sensor, could be egr valve stuck open....from Fred in Essex. UK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a lot of white smoke when its cold, it also smells of petrol, but only on cold starts.
The pipe thats getting cold air from the front vent is split in few places as well.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I came to a conclusion, its either the ignition coil, water getting into the cylinder or something wrong with the fuel injector.
Hi there it doesn't matter about the air hose from the air filter to the MAF sensor, but from the MAF to the inlet manifold mustn't have any leaks on it...if the fuel trim is about +20 or higher it means its throwing fuel in to try to correct a weak mixture...white smoke might be steam wouldn't worry about that...it could be to do with the injectors, its a waste of money and time to just put bits on you think it might be at random...you need to check what's going on....from Fred.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.