All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d be very grateful for any advice that you may be able to offer.

Corsa C 1.3Cdti 2005 106,000 miles. The car belongs to my girlfriend and was purchased about 12 months ago. The car came from an auction and has no service information. Spanner icon is displayed on the dash. Car fails to start most of the time – occasionally it may start, run fine for a few miles then seem to lose power (limp home?). Following the car you can see the occasional puff of black smoke.

The car has been with a local mechanic for almost a week who is running out of ideas. The diagnostic system that he uses displays no faults. Crank shaft sensor has been replaced which failed to fix the issue. Fuel filter has been replaced too along with the spill pipe.

The mechanic has suggested removing the fuel injectors and having them checked with a local company who he trusts but he is not 100% sure this will fix the issue.

I’ve spent a lot of time reading through the forums and can’t find anyone with exactly the same issue. EGR has been suggested but according to the mechanic this would show up on the diagnostics.

We trust the mechanic and he came highly recommended from a friend who has been using him for years. The mechanic himself admits that he is at the limit of his knowledge range.

Really grateful for any advice that you may be able to offer –or recommendations on where we can take the car for further diagnosis – ideally somewhere in or near Birmingham.

Thanks in advance for any help:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
30 Posts
We had one in with the same problem and it happened to be the EGR valve which also didn't come up on the Diagnostics... No need to replace it if you can locate it your self try and clean it and run it for a bit see if that makes any changes if not then you can rule that out.

Not everything works on Diagnostics :)

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Could be lots of things with a modern diesel

Has he done a compression check? It is possible it's the injectors...i need mines reconditioned. Mines is an older diesel and worn injectors cause what's called a diesel knock / misfire. I have no sensors so i just hear the noise

Modern diesels would detect this via one of the multiple sensors and the ECU might cut power to compensate.
I'd agree with the mechanic...possibly the injectors, but not 100%
I'd be clutching at straws tbh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. EGR cleaning sounds like a fairly cost effective plan. I’ve spent the last few hours reading up on diagnostic software – sounds like vauxcheck and an ELM327 cable would be the best option for further diagnostics. Going to quiz the mechanic on what software he is using tomorrow. If he’s not using vauxcheck – I’m going to ask him to investigate the EGR valve whilst I wait for the software to arrive. Girlfriend is not impressed with the lack of a car!!

Thanks for your help – all other input greatly appreciated :thumbs_up:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.