All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems I have to shift really early, I can'y get up to 6500rpm at all, it just cuts out all power at 6000rpm? I'm not trying to bounce of the limiter, I'd just like to rev to the limiter without having it cut in and tell me I can't?

·
Registered
398 Posts
To stop exactly what you're trying to do happening. You should treat your engine better dude.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Why would you want to rev an engine to that rpm anyway? You're not getting anything extra out of it, all you're doing is potentially wrecking it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would you want to rev an engine to that rpm anyway? You're not getting anything extra out of it, all you're doing is potentially wrecking it.
Why not? I can drive how I like, how am I wrecking the engine by revving? There's a reason there's a limiter there, to stop you damaging it, what a plonker.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Why not? I can drive how I like, how am I wrecking the engine by revving? There's a reason there's a limiter there, to stop you damaging it, what a plonker.
Yes you can drive it how you like. And you will find that needlessly over-revving an engine doesn't produce any more power, but it does cause them to wear faster and break quicker. The limiter prevents terminal destruction, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to be hitting it all the time.

However, since you know best I suggest you stop asking for advice you don't want to listen to.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you can drive it how you like. And you will find that needlessly over-revving an engine doesn't produce any more power, but it does cause them to wear faster and break quicker. The limiter prevents terminal destruction, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to be hitting it all the time.

However, since you know best I suggest you stop asking for advice you don't want to listen to.
Needlessly over-revving? How do you know, was you sitting in the car with me? Was you at a track open day with me?

I never said I was hitting the limiter either, you know what lol, go and read the thread again..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:welcome:

Close the door on the way out.
Check me out with my 8,000+ posts, automatically makes me better than everyone else, I must have better car knowledge than everyone else too!

Ha, at least read the thread before making a completely void statement. Nice way to welcome a new member to the forum.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Needlessly over-revving? How do you know, was you sitting in the car with me? Was you at a track open day with me?

I never said I was hitting the limiter either, you know what lol, go and read the thread again..
Well you said in the first post that it was cutting out at 6000rpm, been able to find this out means you are needlessly over revving it!

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
A. All engines have ranges where power is optimised.

B. Revving an engine beyond that range has negative effects on the engine for no addition production of power. (ie pain with no gain)

A + B = needless over-revving of engine. There is no point. There is nothing to be gained. You won't go any faster. The only outcomes are negative.

Which bit of the above do you fail to grasp?

And I suggest calling people a 'plonker' isn't the wisest way to introduce yourself to a forum. You asked a question, you got answers, if you don't like the answers deal with it.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Another nice and mature member. Yay.

Reactions: Benny

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Check me out with my 8,000+ posts, automatically makes me better than everyone else, I must have better car knowledge than everyone else too!

Ha, at least read the thread before making a completely void statement. Nice way to welcome a new member to the forum.

Have a good day.
You are an arśehole. And nobody thinks your funny.

Taurus is in fact one of the most knowledgable people on this site. You'd do we'll to listen.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

Have a good day.
you won't get a nice welcome talking that way to people

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Lamp

Reactions: ibysmalls

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Check me out with my 8,000+ posts, (correct) automatically makes me better than everyone else, I must have better car knowledge than everyone else too! (Correct)

Ha, at least read the thread before making a completely void statement. Nice way to welcome a new member to the forum. (nice way to enter a forum too)

Have a good day. (and you too)
What the guys are saying is that you don't need to rev that much anyway and more info on your original question is needed such as is there an EM light coming on? given it a service etc?
Secondly, no one is telling you how to drive. No one can physically tell you how to through a pc screen and yeah. chill out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts