All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies If this has been asked before but have an emergency and need quick answer. My Corsa C (1.4) has water pump leak (major one). Vauxhall garage has quoted £380 to replace the pump!!! Wow. Is that about right? They say it's two hours work. If I go ahead with this should I consider any other work at the same time to make this more cost effective? My Corsa is 2006 ....maybe this is good money after bad and I should consider getting another car?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there well i have a Corsa C, 3 cylinder, i think yours is a 4 cylinder, but its very similar..when i went to Vauxhalls to get a pump they wanted about £110 plus vat....i thought that was a bit steep, i would rather fit genuine parts but that was too much, i went to a factors and bought one, it cost me £50, and i fitted it myself...so my job cost me about £50, but yes it would take 2 or 3 hours to fit, and if you have a genuine pump it could come to that much, depending how much they charge an hour, could be 60 to 100 an hour depends where you go..then you have vat...maybe anti freeze etc....if your car has a cam belt i would have that changed at same time, if its a chain dont worry...but you might want to renew the FAN belt....hope that helps from Fred....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.