All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to view a car today, it's roughly £1,400 it's a Corsa C 1.7 DTi.

The guy knows there is a problem with the steering column or rack as it clicks when you steer and rattles a bit, any ideas what sort of price it would be to repair and how easy it would be to do?

Also, there is a service light on and I got the code by doing the peddle, break and ignition code finder and came out with code P0602 which seems to be programming error of some sort? How would I overcome this and does it sound like a bad thing?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I'd look elsewhere.

The steering could be a dud rack or track rod ends or anything on the suspension - eg ball joints. You'd need to inspect where the play is and where the noise is coming from. Not necessarily difficult, but if it's the rack they aren't that cheap to replace. Check also it's not a problem with the electric power steering - that is expensive to replace if it needs to be.

The steering problem is fixable - what I'd be concerned about it that fault code. On some of those diesels you get that code when someone has been working on it and it isn't always easy to resolve the problem. Do a search and you'll find stories of workshops that won't work on the diesels following taking a car in for a simple job - then getting that code - and never being able to resolve it.

And you have to ask why the guy is selling it with a code showing if it was easy to sort out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts