All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Corsa c 1 l 03 plate I have ecotec engine I have replace it with the same engine and used the original sensors the car has got fuel in it and has a spark but when the key is turned it turn over but won't start I was wondering if there was anything I could go to get it running

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Engine won't start some real basic tests to do.
A 12 V bulb circuit tester, multimeter, battery drop tester and code reader, are useful tools.
Petrol's
1 Does the engine turn over (check battery, starter, connections, immobilzer)
2 Do code test (use good code reader, of eobd origin)
3 Make sure Immobilizer is deactivated (may have canbus problem, check light on dash)
4 Check for a spark at plugs (put plug in end of lead, earth to block, crank over)
5 Check for fuel pressure and delivery and fresh fuel (press schrader valve in on fuel rail, try easystart)
6 Check cam belt or chain isn't broken and timing is right (look in oil cap hole and crank over)
7 Make sure air can get in engine and exhaust isn't blocked (The engine is basically an air pump)

Diesel's
1 Does it turn over fairly fast (check battery, starter, connections, immobilzer)
2 Do code test (use good code reader, of eobd origin)
3 Make sure immobilizer is deactivated (may have canbus problem, check light on dash)
4 Check compressions are not low
5 Make sure cam belt or chain isn't broken and timing is ok (look in oil cap hole and crank over)
6 Check fuel pressure and delivery (try easystart to test it)
7 Check fuel system of air leaks and clean fuel
8 Make sure air can get in engine and exhaust isnt blocked (The engine is basically an air pump)
From Fred in Essex 2017.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.