All Corsa Forum banner

Corsa C 2002 1.7 DI - Rear Brake Judder Give in! Please Help

575 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  taurus 
#1 ·
Hi everyone basically my partner’s brother works in a garage, so he did the MOT work on her car. The car failed on, Front strut top mount, bottom arm, and a rear brake pipe. After the work was done we are getting really bad judder in the pedal, and you can feel it in the handbrake. He disconnected the front brakes, drove it around the yard and it’s still juddering. So it’s definitely rear brakes, so far he has fitted new drums and shoes, new rear cylinder and it is still the same! Has anyone got any other ideas on what it can be? It did not judder prior to having the new brake line and strut top mount, bottom arm fitted. He is getting really stressed saying it must have done it prior to the work been done, as that will not affect it! Thing is it didn’t lol

P.S The car does not have ABS

#2 ·
It's not an uncommon issue on them to be fair - I feel for the guy!

How did he disconnect the front brakes? I assume by clipping the hoses - in which case I'm never 100% sure the fronts are 100% disabled - just worth bearing in mind since work was done on the front end.

In past experience things like worn suspension bushes, anti-roll bar bushes can cause this kind of issue (once you've eliminated the usual obvious suspects) - and they can fail when a car is jacked up and the suspension moves beyond its usual movement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.