All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi can someone help me, my corsa 1.0 litre is not firing it's just winding over. I have fitted a new coil pack, new crankshaft sensor, checked to make sure my air supply wasn't blocked by anything. Checked I am getting fuel supply up to the injectors. And still nothing atall, and after winding it over for a few seconds I get fault code p0340 . Can anybody help me with this fault code and any common faults or what would be the next step to try?

The car stopped and cut out on me during idle and has not started since I am also got a fully charged battery and a brand new starter fitted 3 months ago.

·
Registered
149 Posts
p0340 is the camshaft position sensor. This can also be fired by the (quite common) crankshaft sensor failing. I'd check/clean both the sensors before spending any more money.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Camshaft PO340 is a circuit malfunction.It could be no power to the sensor,bad sensor.Disconnect the sensor connector and with the engine off key on test for about 8 volts at the connector.If no voltage the power wire may have a broken wire open circuit.If power ,then the cam sensor is probably bad.You can check voltage coming out of the cam sensor to the computer and that is 5 volts.Bank 1 is the cylinder bank closest to the radiator

might help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the replays , I am going to check the cam sensor tommo with my meter and hopefully I get power to the sensor. Would the cam sensor be enough to cause the car not to start ?

I was also thinking the cam sensor fault could come on if my timing was jumped, is that common?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts