All Corsa Forum banner

Corsa C Alloy Refurb Help

806 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Doc P 
#1 ·
After a bit of advice please people. I sent my car into Motorcool in Thornaby yesterday to get all four alloys refurbed and painted (anthracite).

I'm picking it up this afternoon and was just curious as to how I go about painting the centre caps to match assuming they haven't been painted at the shop. What tools and products would I need or is they're a shop online that sells custom caps. The wheels are 16inch option Vauxhall alloys.

Like I mentioned this may not even be a problem but your advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

#3 ·
You will need some wet and dry sand paper of different grades (400/800/1500), some primer paint, and lacquer. You will also need colour paint.. now the problem you have is matching the same paint colour to the wheels. Halfords have paint, and probably an anthracite colour, but it will no doubt be slightly different to the wheels.

You might want to paint them a different colour completely like black?

#6 ·

I finally got round to sorting my centre caps this weekend. (Photos at primer stage).
What I'm after is a website that sells vinyl inserts for the centre of the cap itself as when I removed the little vauxhall decals I snapped 2.

Help anybody?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.