All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was listening to my engine when on and idle. I can hear a ticking/clicking noise coming from the top/left side of the engine bay and trying to find out if anything is at fault, ID it and fix it.

I think its coming from near the plastic box connected to a rarther chunky pastic pipe. I'll try get a video of it.

Image taken from another thread - Ignore captions but in that area. Could be related?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I bet that noise you're hearing is the fuel tank vent operating. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure it's not disconnected - they make more of a bubbling noise when that's happened.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sure its normal? Think its quite awful sounding myself.

It seems to be almost in sync with the engine noise however I know its not coming from engine. Thanks for info! I'll try get that vid up but dont know where to upload vids or how.

When I put bonnet down I can still hear it near the vent at the very top of the bonnet near driver side window. Almost sounds likes a sparking noise.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I don't have any sound on my pc at the moment so I can't hear any video clips.

If the sound is related to engine rpm it's not the tank vent - but they can make quite a loud clicking noise, however it's usually at a set rate and doesn't vary with rpm.

If it's rpm related then use a mechanic's stethoscope to listen to various parts - it could be the alternator which is underneath that area.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it doesnt change when Revving, I just think it keeps it own pace which is around same as the engine ticking over. I'll check it when I get out of work and I can only hear it if I am outside the car. I say again its at the very top. Like its from the plastic box or nearby. But I'll check as soon as I get out. It didnt get any louder with rev though or faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts