All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Newbie here, hope someone can advise if they had a similar issue in the past before I spent £££ on a garage that will say they couldn't find any problems.

I've got a 53 plate Corsa C, recently whilst driving the dash lights on the right side (battery light, ABS, EPS) of the instrument panel will flash on/off and the radio will cut out then come back like it has been switched on/off (code thingy). It is like when you start the car and turn the key and wait for the lights on the dash to go out.

I also noticed when turning the main headlights dial on the dash will dim and sometimes the radio we go off say code and then on again. I know this will be pulling more amps for the lights but I never noticed the dim dash light before. I wonder if this is related at all? Anyone know a good car electrician in the East London area I can take to have a look at?

It seems to happen mainly when turning or going over bumps in the road so far. I think that there maybe a loose connection somewhere or something?

So far I've done/checked the following:
Removed the radio (in case it was the cause).
Removed Dashcam (in case it was the cause).
Tested battery with multi meter.
Checked fuses for dash lights.
Plugged in a fault reader - No codes found.

I am going to remove the BCM cover to see if there is water inside, though some of the screws are rusty and heads have gone bad.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can add the speedo is also dropping to 0 when hitting larger speed humps. I have read on here that it could be the connector to the dash display behind working it's way loose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts