All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm pretty new to all this so just after some help please :) I'm having the following problems with my corsa C.
Oil is disappearing(I'm getting no smoke when i start up, there's no gunk on the cap not sure what else to look for)

I'm not sure if this is correct as it is only a 1.2 SXI but when I'm on the motorway I'm doing 70 MPH and it feels like its revving high at 4000 RPM can someone advise me if this is correct for these cars?

and finally i had an engine managment light comoe on so i took it to the garage and it was the lambda sensor cos me £90 to get it sorted and now the lights come back on with the same fault code.
if anyone has any advise on the above that would be great :D

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
4,000RPM at 70MPH may well be OK, depending upon what gear you are in.

If there isn't any signs of oil on the floor when the car has been standing, then it probably isn't leaking the oil, so we need to find out where it IS going.
Is there any signs of an oily deposit (a) inside the coolant header/expansion tank?
(b) On your finger if you wipe it round INSIDE the exhaust tail pipe? (be sure that you don't mistake black sooty deposits for oil)
If you can take out the spark plugs, keep them in the order removed, and check the INSIDE of the plugs for oil (ignore any oil that might run down from around the plug on the outside)
Let us know what you find in the above.
You can also try driving the car, taking it up hill in a gear that is too high for the situation, this will make the engine work hard - If a cloud of BLUE smoke follows you, it is a sure sign that there are problems with the cylinder bores/pistons/piston rings.
If, when you have been stood at traffic lights (say) and you drive away, being followed by said blue cloud, this is a sign that oil is getting into the cylinders via worn valve guides and/or worn valve stems.
If oil IS leaking externally, don't forget that it seldom drips straight down, it tends to run along whatever it drips onto, then onto the floor in a different place.

Burning oil COULD account for the management light coming on, but this could also be unrelated.

Regards

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there i've just come on here myself...oil either burns and comes out as blue smoke or leaks out and leaves patches on the ground...breathers might be bocked, well worth checking, if you have got a vent to the inlet manifold it can throw it out all over the place..are you using the right oil...i suppose they do rev quite a bit, is it 5 speed they usually are, clutch isn't slipping i hope...you need to buy a cheap code reader off ebay there only about £20, do eobd, reads and deletes codes....there might be more than 1 oxygen sensor on there, upstream and downstream...i assume they changed the right one...there are ways of testing them etc...bit complicated..hope this helps...from Fred in Essex

Hi All,
I'm pretty new to all this so just after some help please :) I'm having the following problems with my corsa C.
Oil is disappearing(I'm getting no smoke when i start up, there's no gunk on the cap not sure what else to look for)

I'm not sure if this is correct as it is only a 1.2 SXI but when I'm on the motorway I'm doing 70 MPH and it feels like its revving high at 4000 RPM can someone advise me if this is correct for these cars?

and finally i had an engine managment light comoe on so i took it to the garage and it was the lambda sensor cos me £90 to get it sorted and now the lights come back on with the same fault code.
if anyone has any advise on the above that would be great :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts