All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking on the bay for a new set of front door speakers, foundTHESE. Pioneer component speakers.

They seem pretty good 280w max output (highest I could find on eBay) what are some other good speakers that are better than this but still within that price range and that have tweeters with them?

Or are they good enough? Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Max ratings mean nothing. RMS is what you're looking for

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Sounds a bit off i know, but under powering speakers CAN (not necessarily will) cause damage, and tbh, it doesnt matter what the RMS output is as it will only ever output as much power as the Headunit will provide. (usually only 15-30w max RMS)

I would be inclined to go cheap now, then once you have an amp get some half decent components as they will sound much better :)

Just my 2p. :)

Reactions: Tomush

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Vibe are good for the money, i picked up a 4 channel 700w RMS deathbox for £70 i think it was.

If you got a 4 channel you could use the rear 2 channels bridged for a sub until you can/want to get a monoblock for a sub. That would give you a nice, simple all roubd good set up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.