All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi people,

I have a hole in my flexi pipe causing my x reg 1.0l corsa to drive like a horse pumped with crack cocaine... The local garage have told me that as it is connected directly to the cat, I have to buy a new cat... Unfortunately my 12 month warranty on the cat has ran out a few months ago (I had to replace it previously as another part of the exhaust was blowing badly and it wouldn't pass its mot).

I was wondering if there was a way around this with a bit of handy welding - say buying the piping area myself and welding/clamping it in without having to replace the cat every time a part of the front exhaust system went wrong...?

....or, since I will be spending the money on an expensive part that seems to not have a very long lifespan, are there any aftermarket parts that can be bought for a similar price without the vulnerable flexi-tubing part? Or just better quality overall that people have had experience with? If I am going to be spending £200 on getting a new part fitted every 18 months, should I just get a whole different exhaust system?

Any advice or recommendations will be very much appreciated.

Just FYI KwikFit quoted me £440 to do this initially!!! What the hell is that about!

corsa b sorry

·
Registered
36 Posts
Flexi went on my old 1.0, just got a second hand one and got it welded in for a tenner. Don't go to a main garage like Kwik fit, find a small local garage that are willing to cut out the old one and weld another one in :thumbs_up:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts