All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2001 Corsa C (I'm in Australia so XC Barina)
I have an issue when I turn the ignition off and remove the key if my blinker switch is in the on position (Up or Down makes no difference) the parking lights on that side of the vehicle come on (Left blinker left park lights, Right Blinker right park lights) and the warning buzzer sounds.
I cant for the life of me find a wiring diagram that just shows the blinker circuit to the stalk and cant find the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
I think that you have two separate issues there.
(1) When the ignition key is removed with the indicators (blinkers) 'ON', you SHOULD get the warning buzzer - a 'dee-dah' tone. This will cease when the door closes - being actioned by the interior light switch.
(2) In some territories, it is (or used to be) legal to park at night with just the lights nearest to the traffic illuminated. I had this 'facility' on a VW Polo some years ago - To activate it, you had to switch on the parking lights (side and tail lights) and move the direction indicator switch in the appropriate direction.
My present Corsa doesn't have this, so I am guessing that it depends upon where the car was intended for when it left the factory.
I doubt very much that it is practical to physically 'disconnect' this - you probably need some software known as 'tech 2' to be able to program it out.
It's probably easier just to ignore it!!

Regards

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
This is normal man. its supposed to do that, you don't have a problem, its so you can use your parking lights actually either side, the buzzer is to tell you your flasher switch is on, in case you don't want the parking lights on...that's all no problem...just turn switch off..you also get a buzzer if you leave the key in or on or something like that...its just vauxhall for you...from Fred in Essex UK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.