All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I have a Corsa C 1.6 Sport (South Africa) and it is low on power. What I have done is a complete service (oil, filters, new plugs etc.), changed the petrol pump but it is still the same. It has no power untill I reach 2000rpm's and then it gets slightly better. Could someone please let me know what the problem could be?

Can it be the cat converter?

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
I assume that you carried out the service in an attempt to cure the problem, rather than the problem developing after the service was completed.

There are quite a few possible causes of your problem, I would suggest a couple of things that you might care to try, rather than guessing at it and getting you to spend unnecessary amounts of money on it.
The first one is to check for any fault codes, you could do this with a code reader, or by other methods described on this forum.
The second is to carry out a compression test, comparing the results with the engine data.
It is possible that a blocked cat (or other parts of the exhaust system) could cause sluggish performance, but if this were the case, it would probably get worse with an increase in engine speed (and consequent gas flow) than it would at low speed.

Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts