All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

i was asked to look at a friends 1ltr corsa C and its got me stumped

the car cut out while driving the other day and had to be towed home, when you turn the key nnothing happens...so we tried jump starting it....the engine turns over but doesnt sound like it even wants to fire up! i've checked the fuses for fuel pump etc and all seems to be working fine... so i performed a voltage check on the battery, its reading 4volts.. so i thought perhaps the battery had been draining any jump start power...so i unhooked the terminals and tried jumping it without the battery attached...out of curiosity i checked the voltage of the battery again... it was reading 14 volts when it isnt connected to the car and drops again when reconnected so i THINK ther is a short somewhere? anyone got any idea what could be causing this?...:confused:

P.s i connected a obdII reader and it hasnt shown a error.

·
Banned
140 Posts
With a volt meter conected to the battery pull the fuses out one at a time when the voltage reads 14 volts see what that fuse is protecting and check it out. but for such a large short I would check the main cable to the starter and alternator first. I would not leave the battery connected when not working on the car it may start a fire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks will give that a try, the battery is disconnected already and will give the fuses a check later today/tomorrow. is the ECU fuse alright to be pulled out? i'd hate to fry/screw the ECU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.