All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, So i'm currently a Corsa B (1.2 club G reg) owner, and I'm looking to upgrade my car to a Corsa C,

My mind is set on a diesal, But maybe I'l be convinced to go with a petrol if someone has a good reason why i should,
Basically I'm looking to get a idea of prices.

I'm looking at 01,02 and perhaps 03 Corsa C's bigger than a 1.2,

Also looking for some advice on what to look out for, things that might help me knock abit off the price etc, Things that tend to be obvious signs of heavy driving and such.

I'm currently living in Northern Ireland, But I'm shopping around, Not to worried about reasonably high miles if the car is in good condition.

Typing way more than I had planned.. .But average price of Corsa c's (01,02,03) and how it varys depending on engine size, and things to look out for... Thanks, Supajensen, (first post)

Ps: hope this is in the right section.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Firstly - welcome.

Secondly - this may be helpful - the C is much better corrosion protected than the B so the real things to check are mechanical - http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/buy-used-corsa-14382.html

Thirdly - do not buy the 1.3 diesel. On paper they are cheap on fuel and road tax, but they are a horrible drive and reliability is a serious issue with them.

That leaves you a range of engines and the choice of 1.2 upwards leaves it up to you which suits you best in terms of performance vs running costs. Bear in mind that the market for small used cars is seriously bonkers at the moment. If you can afford to insure a larger car you can get a lot more metal for your money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just paid £550 for a Y reg C mint body work, mint interior, reconditioned engine, only thing needs tracking and a gear linkage setup (and im a mechanic so thats nothing)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firstly - welcome.

Secondly - this may be helpful - the C is much better corrosion protected than the B so the real things to check are mechanical - http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/buy-used-corsa-14382.html

Thirdly - do not buy the 1.3 diesel. On paper they are cheap on fuel and road tax, but they are a horrible drive and reliability is a serious issue with them.

That leaves you a range of engines and the choice of 1.2 upwards leaves it up to you which suits you best in terms of performance vs running costs. Bear in mind that the market for small used cars is seriously bonkers at the moment. If you can afford to insure a larger car you can get a lot more metal for your money.
Thanks, had a good read, good to know My next car won't need welded and have holes on the floor!

I heard a rumour about the 1.3's before as well but really looking for a 1.5 or 1.7 I think, insurance is only costing me a extra 50 -70 quid anyway so nothing major there. seems reasonable condition corsa c's are hard to come by here.. unless i'm looking in the wrong places.

550 sounds crazy cheap!

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Thanks, had a good read, good to know My next car won't need welded and have holes on the floor!

I heard a rumour about the 1.3's before as well but really looking for a 1.5 or 1.7 I think, insurance is only costing me a extra 50 -70 quid anyway so nothing major there. seems reasonable condition corsa c's are hard to come by here.. unless i'm looking in the wrong places.

550 sounds crazy cheap!
be a 1.7 then, they dont make a 1.5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts