All Corsa Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vauxhall will re-recall over 200,000 Corsas suffering a fault in the anti-lock brake system which can provoke spontaneous combustion, the Evening Standard reports.

The company last March recalled model Cs, Tigra Bs and Combo Cs with registrations beginning 53, 54 or 55, having deduced that water penetration into the cars' ABS could cause a "short circuit and potentially a fire" - euphemistically described as "thermal incidents".

The fix evidently failed to address the problem, since owners continued to complain that their motors unexpectedly went up in flames. Last October, 51-year-old Rosemary Dent of Blacko, Lancashire, watched helpless as her £8,500 example burned furiously on her driveway, taking out hubby Neil's £15,000 Saab 9-5 in the process.

Mrs Dent recounted: "It was horrific. The first we knew was when we saw flames shooting higher than the house from the bedroom window. My car was completely ablaze. My husband had just put £50 of petrol in his car and we were frightened it would explode. Fortunately it didn't. But it was very frightening. If the car had been in the garage, our whole house could have gone up - with us in it."

A Vauxhall spokesman reassured: "The safety and quality of Vauxhall products remains our highest priority. We therefore consider any fault unacceptable. Further design improvements have been identified to address this condition.

"Vauxhall will contact all owners at the earliest opportunity recognising that a recall of this size must be completed in phases to ensure proper care of its customers, who are advised to continue using their vehicles in the normal manner." ®
:gayfight:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
lol, what happened to your car? the brakes exploded, your brakes :eek: ??? yep only a vauxhall :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
322 Posts
i dont think 1.2s have abs, think its only the 1.7d and the 1.8 sri versions that have them

·
Registered
378 Posts
i work for vauxhall had about 10 of these in recently all burnt out under the bonnet,vauxhall are being tight though and asking for the original bonnet to be repainted which is a no no so if it happens to you demand a new bonnet

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
i work for vauxhall had about 10 of these in recently all burnt out under the bonnet,vauxhall are being tight though and asking for the original bonnet to be repainted which is a no no so if it happens to you demand a new bonnet
Should you have really posted that? :D

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
who cares, i would of and who that works at the same company is going to say anything. vauxhall should replace it, **** about repairing things.

·
Registered
611 Posts
technically he shouldnt have, but at the same time, nobody will mind that he has other than Vauxhall themselves, and if they wasnt being so cheap, they wouldnt have to worry

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
My dad had to have all his engine bay sorted out because of when we had the floods. He clocked up a bill of over £5000 with the Vauxhall dealer. Which thankfully his insurance paid out. They are grossly overpriced at times.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AT TIMES?!?!?!

haha, all the time... ****ing dealers, never use em

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also work for vauxhall, and they are tighter than a virgins ***** when it comes to customers cars after recalls, they'll do ANYTHING to get out of it. they've tried to get out of 1 incident because it was having head work and the lad that worked on the car had bent the frame the abs unit sits on, and they said it was his fault!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.