All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1stly can i say hi and hope someone can shed some light on this for me.Right i have a 1.2 2001 corsa c when i start it on a morning or after an 8hr shift it runs sluggish and eml flashes I then turn it off and start it up aian and it runs mint idles perfect runs perfect no noises or tapping just when it starts up from cold when hot its usually okbut when left a while its just so lumpy.When it 1st happened and i never realized i could just restart i left it running and got a misfire in 2 cylinders code on my diag machine but its really annoying as it clearly runs 100% so any ideas anyone thanks

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
When you say the EML flashed I am guessing you mean it's coming on for a brief period and then clearing itself rather than flashing as per an immobiliser problem - when the engine will crank but not fire.

It does sound like damp - remove the coilpack and inspect the ends when it connects to the plugs. Any cracks or deposits there will attract moisture. WD40 may help, but if it's showing signs of damage you'll need to replace it.

A new set of plugs may help. And give all the electrics a spray with WD40 as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where should i look for damage on the coil or elsewhere what electrics should i spray its been fine all day today typical

·
Banned
885 Posts
Once that you have the coil pack off, have a good look round it for cracks or signs of HT tracking (tracking marks look for all the world like pencil marks) If there are any cracks/tracks, you will need a new coil pack.

The idea of the WD 40 is that it is a moisture repellent, so just spray it on the electrical units, - coil pack, connections etc.

Regards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts