All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Corsa C SRi - Project Evelyn

Right, so since the red Corsa B went I haven't had a proper project, now, after some keen negotiation, and some money changing hands I picked up this gem, a Corsa C SRi 1.8 in blue/green :p I have both short and long term plans for this car as I hope this will be staying until I have children :D

Short Term -
Re-furb wheels
Do brakes
Fix front bumper
Re-fit splitter
New head unit with rear USB input
Bonnet Liner
Pair of door cards
Lower around 30mm

Long term -
Have front end painted (stone chipped)
Drivers door painted (car park marks)
Facelift Bumpers
Z20LET Conversion/More power (hasn't been finalised)

Pics \/\/\/\/

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the updated mod list ;) although i've never seen a facelift in this colour so wouldn't know what it would look like?? ... Paintwork isn't bad for its age, no rust anywhere, a few car park scratches/dents in the doors, and the bonnet it stone chipped to f**k, but possibly getting it painted soon :D going for an estimate on Tuesday :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hardcore: Yeah its sorted now, turns out that the ECU had shat itself and was over-fuelling the engine massively. This in turn destroyed the catalyctic converter and blocked the exhaust up. Had a new exhaust from front to back including an Irmscher double D back-box and a smaller centre silencer, had it re-mapped to factory settings and it's been fine ever since.... Other than the traction control light being on intermittently :/ think that is a clutch switch though..

Coleman: Thanks :D I really like the colour, its not a colour you see often in a SRi :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, time for a big update as I have been neglecting this a bit!!

Firstly, at the end of last month MOT time arrived, I took it to which it failed on track rod ends, a drop link and front spring, which made me a happy bunny :p I went to my local auto factors and bought all the new parts, which also included some EBC Ultimax pads and drilled and grooved front rotors (rears were replaced just before I bought the car). Spent a day fitting those and took it for an MOT the next day to which it passed :D.

Then I decided that having my head unit bouncing about in the double din socket wasn't brilliant so I bit the bullet and spent a fortune (£8.42) on a plastic moulding to fit the stereo in... Happy bunny :D

After this I just drove the car and enjoyed it for a bit, before the modding bug started again haha. So this week I have bought some Team Heko wind deflectors, a flip key conversion kit and gave her a damn good clean :D

Here's some pics for those of you with short attention spans ;) .... Next up on the list is lows (got a pic with weight in the back to see how it would look :p.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Good cars mate just sold mine and why does it have sxi wheels and nit Sri, good base car

EDIT: also basic mirrors
probably sold all the rare parts off it and then sold it! i know the mirrors fetch £150+ and the wheels up to 300!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IIRC, the very first SRi's IE, this age, had SXi wheels and standard mirrors, only the facelift got the mirrors and 16" wheels :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
I'll be watching this, nice colour!
Would love to see it slammed, gun metal gray SRI wheels, black angel eyes, facelift bumpers.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately, I finish uni in May, so I am so bogged down with finishing my degree that the car has gone neglected!! Hopefully will get some progress done over summer, hope to be at next years shows when I have some disposable income!

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. Could have a VXR8 by now if I hadn't gone to uni :laugh:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, Ellie, I'm hoping to get a good job from it, my girlfriend is going to be a teacher so if not, she can pay for parts in exchange for being driven round in it :p

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Unfortunately, I finish uni in May, so I am so bogged down with finishing my degree that the car has gone neglected!! Hopefully will get some progress done over summer, hope to be at next years shows when I have some disposable income!
Same, I've got a pile of parts building up in my room with just over a week between my exams finishing and PVS. So fingers crossed the weather is good that week lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts