All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here's my baby. Currently pretty standard as I've only had it since December, is my second car after a '94 Punto!

I'm hoping to do a few things, alloys, lowering, tint windows etc. I was also gonna de-rubstrip but found out it's gonna be a !#@ to do due to one side having had a paint job at some opint but whoever did it hadn't sprayed under the mouldings :shocked:. Nevermind! Here she is, any advice/ideas are greatly appreciated :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rubstrips

And here was my attempt at removing one rub strip, This side I could do, the other is gonna be hard, has anyone else had any similar problem?

Cant even rid of all the glue! Since then it's been to a body shop where I've been quoted £30 for a full remove plus polish but no guarantee on a good job on the other side!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Just use some petrol on a rag to get rid of the remaining glue. So basically if you take the bump strip off the other side you'll have to give the wing a respray as it has no paint underneath? Wouldn't bother personally. Would be easier and cheaper to spray your bump strips silver.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just use some petrol on a rag to get rid of the remaining glue. So basically if you take the bump strip off the other side you'll have to give the wing a respray as it has no paint underneath? Wouldn't bother personally. Would be easier and cheaper to spray your bump strips silver.
Sorry, I didn't explain well. It does have paint underneath, but since then the car has been scratched and resprayed but whoever did it didnt take off the mouldings so underneath is the original paint which, obviously will be very slightly different and I imagine there will be flaking from the respray too.

I've been looking at facelift lights :cool:. Problem is they don't seem as bright! And do they fit pre-facelift bumpers? (would love to facelift the whole car but I don't feel it's worth the money just to make it look newer but standard)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
the paint difrence is condensation (so i am told) it comes out after abit of time or you can use a hair dryer to make it blend in should look good

will
Not neccessarily. It could be just a different colour. But then again, you could be lucky and they could match exactly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still gluey!

Okay so my car still has one rubstrip missing and some daft glue and dodgy paint hanging about, I've noticed on facelift Corsa's some have colour coded strips, anyone know where I could get these? If not any tips on colour coding my own I f*****g hate these black things. :(

Also thinking when I tint of getting some black vinyl on the door pillar between the windows, what does anyone think? Not sure whether I've noticed this on other corsas so could be a bit of a fail... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know whether I like it or not, I've requested a photoshop anyway so if that follows through I can give it a bit more thought! Cheers for the comments guys, I'm jealous of all you modders, after insuring I barely have anything to run the damn car! Lol. Just have to do it slow and steady, will add to the subtleness I guess...

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
I'm jealous of all you modders, after insuring I barely have anything to run the damn car! Lol. Just have to do it slow and steady, will add to the subtleness I guess...
A lot of us are in the same situation, we're just further down the line. Lots of students and low income members. It's all about finding the right bargain :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okayyy. Rubstrip is back on! Now to prime and paint, I'm hoping it will be that simple anyway. So I'm pretty sure my car is Star Silver 3? Could anyone confirm or give me a hand finding the colour code?
Cheers in advance :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
car looks good mate, take a look at my project if you want some idea's for a C... ive done the cupra splitter and sri lowers, but theres tonnes of subtle ones to think about...

obvious ones for you would be SXi rear lights and window tints, maybe some alloys (i would stick to vaux ones, either SRi or astra sxi wheels :))

but will keep an eye on this as car looks a good base to go from :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
okay so MOT came yesterday, failed on 3/4 springs "incomplete" both track rod ends need replacing on top of middle and rear exhaust needing replacing, there's always something!!! While its been sat on the drive I've polished and back to blacked the plastic, looks better shame its not legal until Sat! Nevermind. Soooner or later I will be modding this damn car, until then patience will have to be a bearable b#@!h

·
Registered
38 Posts
nice looking base to work with there. when i took the rib strips of mine took around 4 hours for each bit. but was well worth it.
have a look at getting colour coded door handles, sxi rear lights, skirts, suitable mods that make a big difference.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.