All Corsa Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Have a look at my project thread, my old red Corsa was done by hand over about 2 weeks... If you can, use a paint depth gauge to see how much paint you have to play with... If you have plenty then keep going with the G3, if the door is much worse in the dark then you may find that the rear quarter has had a re-spray and its noticable at night... Mine was like this also.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
So I should keep going with the G3 and hope it matches up then, I'll check for that gauge but don't think I've worn that much of the paint down, only a small amount comes off with the polisher (may need to get another head for it). Should I keep going until it matches at night? You can tell faintly during the day but its ever so slight. Tried to take another picture to show the difference, but you just cant tell by photo. I did one door today a second time - I'll wait to night to see if its any better. Wouldn't polish add any depth to colour? Maybe the back panels are from a better looked after car?

·
Registered
931 Posts
That looks good to me mate :) real improvement! You can wash the pads out, it shouldn't matter if they are a little stained afterwards :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Still a fair few scratches, poor touch ups I'll do after. It does look "good" in day light, but its a bit noticeable. I can live with it providing it isnt the huge difference you notice in street lights/dark. I'll try do another run on it soon but always busy during week.

Ive did one side a second time so will compare. thanks for help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tried some more G3 today on the doors and roof. Isn't making a difference really and the colours are still slightly off compared to boot/back sides.

Made the black trims look shit also!

Not sure what to do, will the next step (Polish,Wax) do anything regarding restoring colour so they match up and don't look faded under street light? or must I do some more G3 and maybe something else to better restore the colour. Or - Give up? lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is exact same colour as mine I went down to my local Asda bought Blue Tcut and it came up great look at my progress thread they're should be some pictures if not ill message you some

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My paint looks pretty good now, It just looks crap in street light at night on the roof but I think now its something to do with the "clearcoat" - oh and my side doors/roof seem slightly lighter than the rest of the car - similar fade - only noticeable really if up close or in arty light. I'll check out your progress though!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'll finally get round to getting through the polish stage with this in a few days when I am off work. Can see a lot of swirly scratches on the car now and want to remove them.

Is this purely down to the paint restore or can polish help with this?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Ah right. I'll see about running over it again with G3. Then a scratch remover (swirl). Then I'll finally start polishing and that should make a big difference. I didnt polish just restored, did look better but didnt want to rush in with polish till I was happy with paint.

There is a few areas that have been touched up poorly. Wondering if I should sand off the incorrect paint and retouch up using the right colour. (These are rarther small - but you can see them). But will also do a test polish with the old paint and see if it matches up after its been buffed :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Used some polish today, it makes it shine a little more but not much. Isn't doing anything with regards bringing the colour out. Going to run a polish over it all tomorrow and just do a patch on the roof to test it out.

Cars coming on a bit.

New trims as the originals were scuffed to death

Did a bit of test polishing, you can just see to the left of the crease-line in the middle of bonnet. Not sure if its good enough yet or paint needs more work to restore.

faded plastics / cloudy arch.

Improved plastics with a bit of Back to Black protector.

Couldn't get this to clean up much though, got G3 all over it like a fool :palm:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Spent some time on it yesterday giving it a polish and a wax.

Was cleaning up some spray / mess and ended up leaving marks all over so will have to clean/buff them off today.

Really is coming on, shame my photo's never give it justice (Pics to come). Realisation has hit that unless I spray, it's never going to be perfect ;)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts