All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car door was open all day the battery went flat. Removed it, Charged it, Put it back in.

Went to turn the key, Just kept turning over and over and over. Realised that I'd taken the transponder out of the key, put it back in, Turned key, engine started then cut out after a few seconds.

Now it will turn over but cut out every time after a couple of seconds.
There is also no throttle , pressing down to get some revs does nothing.

I've done an error test and got these.

P1526
P1481
P0115
P1405
P0100

Any ideas on what will solve this issue? Quite annoying seeing as its my new car and haven't even driven it yet..

Also the spanner light is on at first until it turns over then it goes, then a few seconds and it cuts out.

It starts every time but cuts out seconds later, Got someone coming round sometime this weekend with a code scanner so it might pick something up which the pedal test doesn't.

What does the immobiliser cut out? I can still hear the fuel pump when it dies.

Also seen that the clocks are a common problem with this, I've pushed them in quite hard and the problem is still there.

Copied all my replies from another thread on the corsa-c forum. I had no luck there.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
The problem is that they may be old codes so get them cleared and then re-check.

The P0100 is the MAF which is easy to check, just unplug it and see if it makes any difference.

The P1526 is the throttle position adaptation which suggests the ECU is trying to run a limp mode default following the failure of the TPS. You might be lucky and cleaning/checking the connectors may work, otherwise it could be the fly by wire system is kaput - usually the one on the throttle pedal goes first. But try cleaning the throttle body before doing anything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Ill have a look at the TB tomorrow, As long as the weather is kind.

I've been waiting for a friend to come round to clear the codes with his machine but hes been busy...

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Thanks for letting us know the outcome. That proves the point that the electronics are not foolproof - the system is designed to 'reset' to ignore old codes, but it doesn't always work as it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts