All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought my first Corsa (55 Plate) its a 1.2L and only .1L down from my last car.

I don't know whether its just the car but mine seems to really struggle with hills, one near me is 50mph limit and I have to drop down to 3rd gear to make it up without dropping below 30mph.

The car is also really slow at accelerating, it takes an age to get from 50 to 65 but then rockets when I get past 70.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Serviced?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fuel filter was changed in the service the car had. Had a friend who's a mechanic take a quick look at it on saturday, he thinks its a partially blocked exhaust

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just could be that your not used to 16v mate, u need to keep these up on fairly high revs to get peak power, ie bout 3500, could be that when u get to 60 70 that its revving that high by then hence u have the power

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick Update: the engine light came on the other and when I ran the code reader it threw up a cat error...so I think my mechanic was onto something with the blocked exhaust

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Final post: apparently its to do with the twinport part of the engine not allowing fuel into the engine properly. £1200 to fix and as I have an engine warranty the dealer won't be happy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts