All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. At what stage should I remove the crankshaft pulley? I am about to change the timing chain on my 2001 corsa c 1.0 model. Should I set all the timing tools in place first or should I remove the crankshaft pulley first?

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate. Tks for your reply.

Why I asked is the instructions for the timing tools mentioned that it should not be used as a support for unlocking bolts or nuts. I do not have a Haynes manual but I downloaded a video of someone changing a timing chain on a Vauxhall Agila but they did not mention about that crankshaft pulley. That pulley sure is very tightly screwed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi mate. Tks for your reply.

Why I asked is the instructions for the timing tools mentioned that it should not be used as a support for unlocking bolts or nuts. I do not have a Haynes manual but I downloaded a video of someone changing a timing chain on a Vauxhall Agila but they did not mention about that crankshaft pulley. That pulley sure is very tightly screwed.
I think garages tend to crack off the nut with an impact driver with the timing chain still on and then lock it before taking it all off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello mate.

I have opened half of it now and do not have an impact driver. The chain seems very tight from the top part I checked I don't know what is it like inside once I remove the casing and all that. Could it only be the timing chain tensioner? Can I only change that? Do I need to set the timing even though I'm not taking off the chain as I will only be changing the tensioner?

Cheers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
As long as the chain doesn't come off the pulley teeth, you can remove anything else you want.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do so I don't know if just replacing the tensioner will help?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tks for your reply. The timing chain is noisy but I inspected the chain and everything seems ok. It's not really slack and all that. I think it's that timing chain tensioner so I will try and change that tensioner and will inform you how it goes. Many tks for trying to help me out.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Pls let me know how you get on. I have the same type of corsa and have seen the Aguila info on how to change the chain etc. I know normally it is the tensioner, but I guess when you've got that far it's just as easy to do the chain also.

Mine sounds like a bag of nails when it warms up on idle..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.