All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked this up other day and i love it such a upgrade from my corsa c 1.8 sri,
its a bit of a sleeper and has been well looked after and i intend on keeping that way.
here is a bit of spec:
astra gsi z20let engine and f23 gearbox with around 80k had cambelt kit when the engine was fit
Astra gsi fuel pump
New cone filter
brand new coilovers
Corsa combo 280mm front brakes
corsa d sxi facelift alloy wheels in mint conditon with excellent tyres all with 6mm of tread
full stainless steel 2.5." double decat exhaust system sounds ace
baileys dump valve
corsa vxr front mount intercooler
boost gauage fit in centre vent
Sri boot spoiler
irmscher b pillar trims
sxi interior
leather steering wheel

it also has a new vxr turbo fitted and its on a stage 2 map, it also sounds very nice as it has a subtle noise on tickover and driving normally but when you put your foot down it sounds amazing.

got a few plans for it, but mainly just going to keep it as clean and tidy as it is and maybe a few more performance mods but we will see.

anyway here are some pictures and videos, any comments/advice welcome :)

pics:

never seen these irmscher pillar covers before, think they look good

dont really understand what the bars on the gauge mean :/ anyone care to enlighten me?

engine

some videos,

thats about it for now may have some more videos when my mate puts them up, thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Looks very clean. Nice!

When you're flooring it, check the pressure on the boost gauge and post back with what it sits at when being floored. It should rise up obviously, but it'll settle off at a certain point.
Might be possible for a wild guess at the power, depending on what BAR / PSI the turbo is hitting.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks very clean. Nice!

When you're flooring it, check the pressure on the boost gauge and post back with what it sits at when being floored. It should rise up obviously, but it'll settle off at a certain point.
Might be possible for a wild guess at the power, depending on what BAR / PSI the turbo is hitting.
thanks and how would you be able to tell roughly what power its at just by looking at the gauge?

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
yeah cheers mate, it was rather this or a gsi but i have always liked the idea of a sleeper lol
EDIT: this is also 100quid a year cheaper to insure than a gsi aswell lol
\

Just check for cars with similar mods to yours running similar amounts of pressure for a ball park figure. I'd guess from what's listed though to be about 240bhp give or take.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
If it's standard, which from the power figures and the look of the engine, it is, then it should overboost to around 15-16psi and hold at around 12-13psi, if your gauge tells you different to that then I'd be asking why, lol. If it's higher than those figures then he's turned the boost up (usually by winding the actuator rod in a small amount) but then I'd be expecting higher figures than 245bhp. You get to that with just a filter and exhaust...

Good base though, looks good, sounds healthy etc..

1 - 20 of 321 Posts