All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening guys, I'm a noob and I have scoured the net for hours and hours looking for a solution but having no joy so I thought I'd join,

Here goes I have a 2005 Corsa C facelift model, yesterday the temperature gauge inside the car stopped working for some reason, it's always worked fine and generally goes up to just over a quarter, I've had the car from new,I have changed the coolant temp sensor today but still nothing, the plug is connected and wires are fine.. I've read other forums saying its and 11mm nut with a spade connector on for the gauge inside the car located somewhere on the inlet manifold ??? I can't see anything, (also its not the thermostat, as that was replaced by vauxhall 6 months ago along with the water pump etc)

If anyone could help I'd be very grateful, also I have lost my workshop manual, as I Was going to check if it would just be a simple fuse, again I cannot find anything.

Sorry to waffle on, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
The reason you won't find the 11mm temp. gauge sensor is because there isn't one. Yours uses the CTS to run both the temp. gauge and tell the ECU how to control the fuel mix. So it's something like a fuse (check if anything else isn't working) or the gauge itself, a wiring issue, or an ECU fault.

The early C models suffered from a bad connection behind the instruments which knocked them out - but it ought not to affect yours and it affected everything, not just the temp. gauge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Taurus, yes it's only the temp gauge not working, that I have noticed, but i will double check, and let you know. Also there are no faults showing up on the tech2 at all that's what's puzzling. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Taurus, I have sorted it, it was a dodgy wire on the coolant temp sensor :palm:, many thanks for your help :thumbs_up:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts