All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv timed my corsa and I have got the timing chain on and the tensioner is on iv turn the engine to make sure every thing is ok and no hitting but to notice that the tensioner moved back in its case all the way every so often is the tensioner broke or is the spring or does it work on oil pressure and bare in mind I don't think it will make a difference but I was turning it clock wise and car in in reverse gear. thanks in advance:palm:

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
anybody else know I don't want to take that big of a risk
I know my idea wasn't very scientific, but looking at your video it does look like it going in and out, maybe give it a few short cranks, prob have to fill the adjust with oil before you put it on, but it look like there might be a bit of spring pressure there until the oil takes over, i would say it takes just a few seconds to build up oil pressure...but watch out, if you start it up with the cover off it will probably throw oil out everywhere...lol...Fred

·
Banned
140 Posts
When you had the tensioner off did you check the spring, I have had these where the spring as broken so if you have not built the engine up check the spring if all ok fit the timing cover and start the engine the oil pressure will soon tension the chain, it may rattle for a second or two till the chain is tensioned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.