All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My mum is looking at the Vauxhall corsa 1.0 for £99 per month and I was wondering how it performs? It obviously doesn't need to be a fast car, I was just wondering if it is nippy enough? She currently has a 1.1 Peugeot 106 which is quick enough and I just wanted to know if the Corsa would give similar performance.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section but it seemed to be the most appropriate one.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
no it wont. the corsa d is a big heavy car and the 1.0 is a tiny engine, giving not much power. i'd say go for the 1.2 instead, gives you that small power boost that is much needed and shouldnt cost much more

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
My mam drives slow and even she found the 1.2 underpowered. Personally I would look at a fiesta/focus ecoboost

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much, lads. :thumbs_up: I will let her know. Maybe the 1.2 Ka for the same price would be a better option... :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
KA is worse than a 0.1 litre micra with no roof and Lexus lights

·
Registered
23 Posts
wouldnt touch a corsa d with a 1.0, had 1 as a courtesy car and that was enough,
just bought a corsa d with a 1.2, bit better

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
focus 1.0 turbo.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
focus will outrun a 1.4, ive driven one....

·
Registered
538 Posts
seat are doing some banging deals on the new ibiza - you could try looking into those? they're pretty cheap, very well equipped, german, so they'll last forever, roomy inside, practical and the 1.2TSi engine is perfectly capable of city driving and will hold its own on motorways/A roads too

i'd recommend this car to anyone who's looking at the sort of thing you're describing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts