All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post and really hoping someone else dcan help.

my wifes Corsa has been having some issues of late, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. car+spanner error light flashes on occasionally, with no loss of performance. we've also had the emissions light on and stay on a few times.

MAF sensor has been replaced twice, EGR cleaned and then due to continuing issues replaced. both parts are genuine. Vauxhall's had it as well as an independent (who took it to VX for help to diagnose). the latest was take it and see how it goes, and maybe the next thing to try is a new ECU.

My issue is that this will cost £1K to buy and fit, and even VX don't know if this will fix it.

The error that apparently was seen a lot was P0100 but that point to the MAF again. wiring seems good as an auto electrician has also been involved.

so today the emissions light comes on again (and is still on) and INSP4 is also displayed once only and went off. that suggests water in the fuel...

Has anyone else seen such daft issues that wont go away all to do with emissions and the running of one of these engines?

Thanks for any advice

Rowbi

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
How is it driven? If it's used round town these things break just for fun. A lot of people buy them as town cars and the engine is entirely unsuited for that use.

They need to spend most of their time on the motorway - so if it's been used a lot round town get it onto a motorway and give it a thrashing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip. It's certainly not just a motorway car, nor is it just used in town.

I understand the principle, but I wonder how that would generate the main P0100 error occasionally and the flashing spanner light occasionally? I would have assumed a Diesel engine with not enough thrashing would suffer from emissions issues certainly, but would that cause the electrical issues?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts