All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
I'm new to the forum after recently buying a 2010 1.3cdti, it was my Valentine's Day present to myself, but I've fallen out of love with it already.

After only owning it for 4 days, I woke up one morning, looked out of my kitchen window to find my nice new car was a bit too close to the house, the handbrake had completely disengaged itself and let my car roll into my house. Vauxhall of course are hiding behind the Highway Code recommendation of leaving the car in gear on a hill and will not accept liability for the damage, despite this being a recall issue and being covered by BBC Watchdog. I have not finished arguing my case with them on this yet though.

My 2nd issue is with the running temperature, I drive diesels all the time and know they can take longer to heat up but this one seems to be running very cool. I have used the hidden menu to check the coolant temperature and its reading 77-79 even after a 15 mile run. Its been back to the garage where I bought it but they say it's fine.

Do any of you lot on here check the running temps on corsa D's?

Any of your thoughts would be much appreciated. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Those things are a pain in the bum - but you're right, it ought to be at full operating temperature within 2 or 3 miles even in this weather. Take it back to the garage and tell them to pull their finger out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.