All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i hope i have posted this in the correct forum.

i have a 09 corsa d 1.4 design and the boot lock not opening.

i had the fuses checked in glove box fuse box - all ok

i then took the back panel off the boot and checked the cables and all had power to cables, i then took off cable to the boot release switch and short circuited it and the boot opened, great its the switch thats knackered.

purchased new switch and switched it over hoping thats the problem fixed but
no the boot still does not open.

can anyone help me with this matter.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, have you had the car long ?
Did the boot open ok before ?
Do all other doors open when you press the unlock button on the key-fob ?
Can you open the petrol-filler cap ok ?

On my Corsa-D, I have to press the unlock button twice on the key-fob to unlock all doors and boot lid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, i have had the car 2 years now

everything was working fine till recently all doors open normally with the key fob when i press it twice, the petrol lock opens normally

it is just the boot that wont open.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The only other suggestion I have, is it possible for you to check the wiring between the buttons/switches on the boot lid that go via a rubber grommet/sleeve at the top of the boot (near the hinge) and back into the vehicle.
I am not sure where the wiring goes from there though.(Possibly downwards and along the inner nearside sill towards the fusebox area).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem solved

after taking the boot panel back off i rechecked the connector to the boot release switch getting power to connection etc (2 cables). i then checked the connection to the actual boot lock (4 cables) and was getting power etc to the boot lock.

i then reconnected both cables and the boot lock worked so the problem was a faulty connection, took both off again and gave them a clean and spray of wd40 and hopefully problem solved.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm pleased you managed to solve it - and I will take note of this issue, as I'm sure this problem will arise on similar vehicles in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts