All Corsa Forum banner

Corsa D clutch not disengaging 2008 1.3 cdti eco diesel breeze

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  g4vvq1983 
#1 ·
A clutch not disengaging problem : has anyone got any suggestions?

The corsa has been to a Vauxhall garage in SE London, 4 times over 11 months, and they still haven't fixed it.

The clutch pedal drops an inch or two at its highest point over a journey (maybe within minutes), and fully depressing the clutch pedal will not disengage the clutch (i.e. you can't get it out/ or into gear without graunching: the transmission is loaded up). If you put your toes under the pedal and pull it up to the top of the travel, its fine : for a while, till it starts descending again.

This feels like a hydraulic problem to me, with air in the system.

1.The garage started with bleeding the hydraulics.

That solved nothing.

2.Next visit : "We'll change your clutch - it's worn out". (I wasn't involved then - before I was with my girlfriend). Unsurprisingly that had no effect. The clutch WAS NOT SLIPPING.

still faulty.

3.They bled it again.

Still faulty.

4.They then changed the master cylinder, and bled the hydraulics again.

Still faulty.

So far, they don't seem to believe in diagnostic procedures, in that they haven't actually identified a faulty component : just randomly changing bits. I wonder if there is a seal somewhere in the system that is letting by, that may be "notorious" for causing this problem ?

I don't feel they should be let off the hook, as they've charged a lot of money for solving a problem, and so far haven't.

If you wonder what I'm talking about, although there's a few mistakes in the voice over (the video was made in a hurry), none the less it is obvious what is happening to the pedal : Ahh.. sorry I can't post the video because the forum won't let me. Dohhh !

Any ideas ... ?

How do we fault find the problem ?

Thanks hive mind !

Jonny

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Jonny does the reservoir fluid go down, does it use fluid if it does you have to find out whee its going, it will either be coming out the back of the master cylinder up under the pedals. and on the carpet etc, or leaking out the slave cylinder on the gearbox, it might be inside the gearbox you will have to follow the pipe, if it isn't using any fluid at all it probably wants anew Master cylinder, that's the one the pedal end...if its not slipping and works ok when it is working its not likely to be in gearbox...Fred in Essex.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.