All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my Corsa D 1.4 sxi (2008).

Here are the symptoms...

1. Try to start car in morning and takes 3 attempts.

2. I drive down the road and notice that it is shuddering ever so slightly. Its slight but I notice. It’s done this for about 3 weeks now.

3. I approach a mini roundabout and brake and change gear, the light son the dash come up (engine management light, handbrake light I think) and car feels like it is cutting out. It then springs to life again and drive normally.

4. After 7 miles I brake again and change gear and turn into s steep side street. The electrics go completely and the car comes to a stop. I try to start it again but there is no electric, it’s completely dead. I can’t even lock the car.

5. Call RAC who arrive after 40 minutes. They turn the key and it starts up fine.

6. Drive car to garage and the run diagnostic but cant find anything wrong.

Not sure if these points are relevant

a) One of my headlights has gone and I took the wire off to try and remove it, but its stuck. I kept the wire off intending to take to garage to ask them to do it. Has this shorted the car when driving?

b) Two times in the past year I have tried to start it after a day at work and just hear clicking noise. Engine doesn’t turn over. RAC called who manage to start with jump leads.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
If the EML has come on then the diagnostics ought to find a code.

Tape up that headlamp wire - if it touches a ground it will cause problems.

The failure to start but then starting off jump leads suggests your battery is dodgy. Low voltage from a dying battery can cause all sorts of issues with modern engine management systems. I'd get the battery checked and replace if necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will replace the battery and fix the bulb. Is it worth replacing the crank sensor? If it was faulty would the engine cut out and then not have any electric to start it again?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts