All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions to ask your friendly forum.I recently purchased a 2007 998cc corsa d life which was fine for a few days and then developed a misfire showing dash light and codes 0134 (o2 sensor ckt -no activity -which I cleared and has stayed away) and 0303-cylinder 3 misfire.
Which would be cylinder 3 looking from the front? What would be the correct engine number for this car? I assume its a 3 cylinder model -
Like I said it was fine for the first few days so I'm just wondering if I have been incredibly unlucky or the previous owner has somehow masked the faults over to sell it-if indeed that would be possible .It came with a recent service and mot.Any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there welcome to the forum, yes its a 3 cylinder engine if it's that cc, number 1 is on the drivers side, or left as you stand in front of car, fan belt end...the firing order believe it on not is 123...anyway my Corsa is a C that has a 3 cylinder engine, they do suffer from Ignition coils and Crank sensors.

But what i would do first as you haven't had it very long is change the spark plugs if that doesn't cure it change the coil, usually when the flywheel sensor gets poor its a job to start when it cranks over.....the coil connection on the plug where the thin wires are can be temperamental...and you could have a look round for poor earth connections etc...hope that helps from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fred-I've just had a look and the number 3 coil pack spring was making a bad connection so hopefully sorted for now will probably have to get new coil pack.I don't know why the o2 sensor threw up a code-is it that vulnerable thing sticking out front of engine?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, sounds like you might have cured it, The Lambda sensor at front is about 3 inches long with 4 wires coming out of it, usually 2 white a grey and a black...its probably screwed into the exhaust manifold...i wouldn't change it unless the code comes back...there is another lambda sensor on it after the catalytic converter, so you have Bank 1 sensor 1, front one, and Bank 1 sensor 2, the back one...Fred.

Thanks Fred-I've just had a look and the number 3 coil pack spring was making a bad connection so hopefully sorted for now will probably have to get new coil pack.I don't know why the o2 sensor threw up a code-is it that vulnerable thing sticking out front of engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.