All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon

Been struggling recently with my 2008 Corsa D... I bought it at the start of the year with a failed rev counter. No big deal, it's an auto, I don't need that, drove fine and the price was good.

About two weeks ago my speedo has started acting weird. It seems to get "stuck" at random numbers. Using my phone for the speed solves the problem, but I want to sell this soon, and the speedo is the only leftover fault.

Local auto electrician says that its reporting an instrument cluster fault

ABS looks fine... speedo generally works. Sometimes it settles at 0 when I turn it off, other times it settles a bit higher. Seems completely random.

I've done the simple "unplug the battery", checked fuses etc.

Any ideas on what to try next?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Sounds like the instruments faulty....the rev counter works off the ignition primary, if that didn't work it wouldn't run, the speedo prob works off the n/s/f abs sensor that sounds ok...i would prob do a code test but it sounds like cluster fault....Fred.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Know of any "reasonable" way to test whether the signals coming to the cluster are correct?

Alternatively, I'll just send the cluster off for repair and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well with the rev counter it must me working or it wouldn't run, with the speedo if the abs light goes off and you have no fault code light on i would say that was ok as well, which leaves you with the cluster or wiring....i would wait till you get it back and see what it does...Fred.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Know of any "reasonable" way to test whether the signals coming to the cluster are correct?

Alternatively, I'll just send the cluster off for repair and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.